there exists a whole plethora of tips on how to build customer loyalty
- be honest and reliable;
- do your best and exceed expectations;
- offer bonuses and individual approach;
- be customer focused, etc.
Useful product or service. Regardless of what you are offering to clients: custom furniture, real estate services, or cars — your product or service must satisfy your customer's needs. And not merely satisfy — it must totally eliminate them with the means of utmost efficiency. Your clients' expectations change all the time, and the only thing that remains always there is the question: "How will this make my life easier". Always strive to improve your product/service to exceed your clients' expectations.
Quality service. Even the best product on the market can easily become an issue in terms of customer loyalty, if customer service leaves much to be desired: clients would give negative feedback, spoil company's reputation and simply leave... This doesn't mean you have to please everyone, but keep away from ignoring the disadvantages either — even if you are offering the lowest price.
Here are a few ways to improve the quality of service:
- Thank customers for choosing your company (by regular or electronic mail) and offer them a discount or a unique offer on every important event.
- Create the effect of continued engagement instead of the effect of random occasional orders. Employ drip marketing, for instance.
- Focus on details. Use CRM to collect and store information about your company's clients in order to customise their customer experience and build human relations instead of "buyer — seller" relations.
Trust in company. This is probably the most difficult part. For trust is built during years, and can be lost in the blink of an eye as a result of a wrong decision or action. Never exaggerate the advantages of your product or service and keep away from misleading your customers. Let's suppose you made an objective assessment and helped your client to choose a car or a flat, or maybe advised them about what supplier to choose. Next time this client will ask you for help again (or recommend your service to their contacts) because you met their expectations and, therefore, raised the level of their trust.