How to automate client notifications about order processing status
Save your time and increase client loyalty
It is quite often the case that processing an order requires much time to produce it, pack it, and deliver it. Just imagine...
Paul's company is specialising in custom doors production and delivery. Sometimes, when the ordered doors are in stock, the delivery takes about 1 or 2 days. But if they are not, the delivery time can take up to over a week, especially for orders implying custom design, and for wholesale orders.
Your clients must always be kept informed about their order status and changes in it — by email or SMS.
why notifications are important
At the very least, your client's money should be justified. Besides, some orders might require consulting with clients — for instance, multistage ones — when each step needs to be discussed with the customer (taking measurements, defining design, selecting materials, etc.). Or, for example, there are cases, when client decides to cancel the order at a certain stage, as provided by contract. Finally, keeping your clients posted adds up to their loyalty and trust.
Challenges you are likely to face when sending notifications:
When both clients and orders are abundant, chances are some of them might be left missed or forgotten.
This routine activity can be severely time consuming.
Automation can easily solve these problems.
things that matter when creating this business process
1. Means of notification. You can select from email, SMS, call, message on Facebook or any other messenger and the option to let the client track the order on your website. For each client, you should use the communication channel they prefer. So, do not forget to ask your customers this question when registering their request.
2. Timely manner of sending. Notification must be generated right at the moment of order status change, but must be delivered during the hours convenient to the customer.
3. Number of messages. It depends on the order processing time. Often, the chain is represented by three short messages, such as "Your order is packed" — "Your order is shipped" — and "Estimate delivery date". Sometimes, orders require more specific information and tracking details from delivery company.
4. Types of notifications. You can either send informational messages, such as "Your order is packed", or interactive ones, requiring client's activity, like "Your order is ready to be shipped. Please select the delivery time". Interaction in messages can also be automated: you can offer your clients to follow the link in the email or SMS, and fill out the form. You can also call your clients one by one, in case you want to ask them questions that do not imply short answers. In this case, the CRM will take care of the automatic task assignment to the relevant supervisor and control over this business process.
5. Use notifications for upsells. Notifications provide for a great opportunity to softly offer additional services to clients, for example, installation, adjustments, and maintenance. You can also use notifications to recommend additional products and make upsells of accessories, installation tools, etc.
6. Feedback. Always ask your clients for feedback after delivery is completed. This proves to them you are not indifferent, and care about their opinion. In addition, you will get a real assessment of your product or service to see how to improve it.
Here is how to do it:
1. Activate the business process template entitled "Notifications about order processing" from the Library of business processes of APRO CRM:
2. Select the type of deal and the stage shift to inform your client about. That is to say, order processing must be represented as deal stages: each type of order corresponds to a certain type of deal, and order progress corresponds to deal advancement over its stages. Reaching certain deal stages can trigger client notifications about it:
3. Select the communication channels to deliver notifications: email, SMS, or a call list for one of your colleagues:
4. Add the script text for this business process, including call instructions or the text of the client notifications to be sent by email or SMS. Attention! To insert a client's name from the profile into the text, use a special tag:
5. Specify the time frame for the message delivery and activate the business process:
For example, you can set the time frame from 9.00 am to 21.00 pm. If the change of order status takes place outside this time frame, the CRM will send notification right at the moment when the next time frame begins (that is, at 9.00 am the following day).
APRO CRM is a SaaS cloud solution and is hosted by our servers. The CRM is flexible and can adjust to your business needs. You will be getting all the necessary assistance from your personal adviser while using the system