Email and SMS campaigns
APRO CRM integrations with external services allow bulk SMS and email campaigns.
Go to the administration panel: Main menu — Settings — Integrations — Email and SMS campaigns.
The CRM is compatible with the following services:
- nearly all mailing services;
- SMTP protocol;
- mail clients: Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.
- other API-compatible services.
- groups of contacts;
Register with one of the services listed above and add its connection parameters in the administration panel of the CRM.
For email campaigns, select the type of mailout: distribution via mailing services or via SMTP protocol:
Selecting SMTP protocol requires connection parameters:
or connecting your existing email accounts (if you are employing external email services in the CRM):
Please note! Excessive use of SMTP campaigns may result in recognizing your account as spam and blacklisting it. You might have to contact your mail provider (Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.) in order to unblock. Unfortunately, our support team can not lift the restrictions imposed by your mail provider.
We recommend setting SMTP mailout limits: not exceeding 30-50 messages per hour and 150-250 messages per day:
Types of campaigns:
You can access the following options:
1) create the lists of contacts/emails/phone numbers subject to a campaign on page "Subscribers";
2) create template messages to be filled with the text of campaign in "Templates";
3) apply filter by campaign distribution status;
4) apply filter by campaign sender;
5) apply filter by campaign distribution type.
You can add recipients for campaign messages in tab "Subscribers":
- Unbound — list of email addresses or contact profile details (please note: email addresses are copied from contact profiles while creating this group).
- Contacts — list of contacts, where all the email addresses specified in contact profile are used (please note: email addresses are copied from contact profiles while sending out messages).
- Filter by contacts — filters applied to all contacts (please note: email addresses are copied from contact profiles while sending out messages, with filters applied).
When finished with the preliminary settings, click "Next" to edit the text of campaign:
1 — graphical arrangement of the message;
2 — info from contact profile;
3 — links to campaign;
4 — text field:
Use tags replacing the data from contact profile to compile the text for your campaign quicker and easier:
Save the text upon editing. A preview window will open:
There are two options to activate distribution:
1. "Launch now" will send out the messages just as you click "Submit".
2. "Launch at" allows you to set the date/time, when the messages will be sent:
You can resort to the same procedure to create SMS campaigns:
Unsubscribe page settings
To allow users to unsubscribe, add the relevant tag to the body of the message and adjust the corresponding parameters in the CRM: Main menu — Settings — Integrations — Email and SMS campaigns — Unsubscription (upper tab):
You can vary the arrangement of the unsubscribe page. Click "Edit" next to the page and add the text and the images you desire:
Click "View" to check how the page is displayed:
By default, campaigns are available only to CRM administrators, but you can grant other users access to them as well.
Go to Main menu — Settings — Integrations — Email and SMS campaigns in the administration panel and click "Access settings" (upper tab) to select the users you want to add:
Back to Contents